The city of Dubai is full of contrasts. There’s the glittering cityscape, with buildings that defy conception; the modern selection of stores and cafés, with everything a tourist would want; and the opulent hotels, ready to welcome even the most sophisticated traveler in style and excess.
Here’s some tips and insights that would help you to feel a little more comfortable while travelling in Dubai.
Must Things to Know
- Capital City: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates Dirham
- Official Language: Arabic, Since over 88% of the total population is expat, English is the most spoken language for business
- Other Languages: Hindi, urdu, Arabic, malyali, pashto, chinese & Spanish
Calling Code: +971, You can get a tourist sim card at the airport, and most public venues usually have free wifi.
Modes of Transportation
- Dubai Taxi: The easiest way to travel around Dubai is Taxi and Taxi in Dubai is affordable and it’s about the same price as Dubai Uber. The only disadvantage of taking a Taxi is the busy traffic.
- Dubai Metro: The fastest way to travel big distances is the metro. It’s efficient and the trains run every couple of minutes. In case you choose to use the metro, make sure to buy a NOL card so that you don’t have to pay for tickets every time.
- Dubai Tram: Dubai Tram requires the same NOL card as the metro and In fact you can continue your journey by tram by using the same metro ticket.It runs for 14.5 kilometers (9.0 mi) along Al Sufouh Road from Dubai Marina to the Palm Jumeirah and Al Sufouh.
- Dubai Monorail: Currently, Monorail connects to the tram line at Palm Jumeirah station and is the fastest way to travel on the Palm
- Dubai Creek Water Taxi: Dubai Creek Harbor is located in the Ras Al Khor area, connected with main Ras Al Khor road and Dubai Creek is a very lively waterway that is buzzing with boats in all shapes and sizes. The “traditional Abra” is the most preferred ride and it’s very cheap too.
Must Places to Visit
- Atlantis Waterpark & Aquarium: World’s largest waterpark that will get your pulse racing with over 105 record-breaking slides, attraction and experiences. A perfect fun adventure for Kids, located on the Palm Jumeirah. It includes a slide that will shoot you through the shark-filled lagoon
- Desert Safari: Desert Safari Dubai is a “6 Hour” outdoor adventure trip in the desert of Dubai (UAE). The tour includes various activities like Dune Bashing, Camel Riding, Traditional Dance Shows, Quad Biking, and Dinner. The safari timings are usually 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The dress code is Modest, and comfortable walking shoes are recommended. The safari points are located in Lahbab and Al Awir desert.
- Ferrari World: An Indoor theme park located in Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, UAE. It is the world’s first Ferrari-themed park and features Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest roller coaster. This theme park has endless fun for you, whether you crave the intense Gravity force of a world-class roller coaster, want to go-kart race with your family or challenge the best time lap in simulation, you’ll find it here.
- Museum of Future: One of the most beautiful buildings on earth and It is the first of its kind and aims to position visitors in an empowering version of the future. Recently, it was made open to the public. This architectural marvel beholds publications, exhibitions, theater, and attractions showcasing possibilities of the future and providing solutions to current problems.Booking hours are 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- At the top of Burj Khalifa: At the top is an observation deck on Burj Khalifa. Being the tallest building in Dubai, Burj Khalifa offers the best views of Dubai Skyline from its observation deck. You’ll need to purchase a ticket in order to access the observation deck. When purchasing tickets, you can choose between the basic tickets(At the Top) and premium tickets(At the Top Sky). With “At the Top” tickets you can access the tower’s 124th and 125th floors, while with “At the Top Sky” tickets you can access 124th, 125th, and 148th floors. We would recommend buying the tickets online.
- Ski Dubai: One of the most popular tourist attractions, Ski Dubai is one of the first Indoor Ski resorts in the Middle East. It is located in Mall of Emirates. A great resort to escape the prickly heat of Dubai. It features an incredible 22,500 sq/m covered with real snow all year round. With 5 runs that vary in difficulty, height and gradient – skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels can enjoy the slopes. Meet the penguins, try snowboarding and skiing, and much more here.
- Green Planet: An Indoor Tropical Rainforest located at City Walk in Dubai. With more than 3000 species of Plants, Animals and Birds, this green oasis gives guests a chance to immerse themselves in the fascinating world of nature. Here you’ll get to learn and experience the ultimate rainforest adventure.
- Dubai Mall: The Dubai Mall is the largest and most well-known shopping destination in the world, with massive amounts of fashion and entertainment. There are over 1,200 luxury stores and dining experiences to choose from, including Dior, Chanel, Fendi, Gucci, Bloomingdale’s, and many more. If you need a break, the mall also features a long variety of attractions, including the Dubai Aquarium, Underwater Zoo, and an Olympic-size ice rink.
- Souk al Bahar: Souk Al Bahar, the “sailor’s market,” is a journey back in time to the wonder and beauty of old Arabia, blending the classic with the contemporary. Situated in Downtown Dubai’s beating heart. It’s a lively market place that offers the city residents and tourists alike an enthralling experience of shopping, entertainment and dining.
Must Needed Apps to Download
- RTA Dubai: The city’s Roads and Transport Authority app allows you to top up your NOL Card to ride the metro
- Uber: Travelers can book a car from anywhere
- Dubai Mall: The app offers turn-by-turn navigation to more than 1300 stores so that you never get lost in a huge mall.
Important Announcement: A New fun-filled B2B Adventure-package specially made for family at best B2B Prices is now available on our portal and Get 24/7 on ground support for hassle free experience for your clients.
Get Expert Advise to Grow your Travel Business, Contact us!